$79 for an upscale Korean barbecue dinner for two (up to $151 value)
- One bottle of red or white wine selected by staff ($40 value)
- Two appetizers ($34 value)
- One barbecue entree ($33 value)
- One dupbap rice dish ($20 value)
- Two desserts (up to $24 value)
See the valid menu.
Sleek, modern, and smokeless, Kristalbelli stands counter to what most people expect from Korean barbecue. So do the shiny crystal grills from which the eatery gets its name. But though the New York Times Critics' Pick might be like nothing you've ever seen before, tradition falls into step with innovation here under the guidance of Chef Kay Hyun. Trained at SoHo's French Culinary Institute, she long dreamed of making Korean food as ubiquitous to Americans as Italian and Mexican. With Kristalbelli's appealing mix of traditional and fusion dishes and the opportunity to cater the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and the 2014 Grammys New York Pre-Party, she's made a great start at making her own wish come true.
The Grill: Made of natural stone, Kristalbelli's crystal grills cook meat two to three times faster than traditional metallic grills—and look good doing it, too. Each translucent cooking surface is inset in the round belly of a golden buddha-like figure, who smiles up at diners from the center of their table. Since the food cooks so quickly, servers watch over the grill themselves, stirring and flipping morsels to ensure each one cooks evenly. The high temperature of the grilling surface gives each slice of meat a nice sear, while infrared rays from within the crystal help heat penetrate deep inside.
From the Press
- Zagat's review notes that Kristalbelli's "'classy' yet 'hip' vibe matches the 'high-end' Korean cuisine offered at this 'Rolls Royce'–esque K-town restaurant/lounge where the 'refined' dishes include meats that diners barbecue on 'cool', smoke-free crystal grills; 'attentive' staffers help distract from the 'pricey' tabs."
- The Michelin Guide raves about Kristalbelli's "well-trained service team and very talented kitchen."
- New York Magazine praises its "sleek style and upmarket menu."
- A New York Times Critics' Pick
What some people are buzzing about:
97% of 304 customers recommend
“Great place, good services, excellent deal from Groupon.”
“Excellent food,great service we really had wonderful experience .”
“Great dining experience, service top notch,great food”