Old-fashioned singing is the iPod dock of the lungs, but unfortunately, some lungs are silenced by shyness. Today's deal gives your budding American Idol a musical education worthy of their city. For $25, you will get an hour of one-on-one voice lessons at Music Row's Kristin K. Smith Voice Studio (a $65 value). You can buy up to three Groupons per person, but you'll have to use them on consecutive weeks.
Kristin begins your first private lesson with a half-hour consultation and voice evaluation before spending the second half-hour coaching you in the vocal styles of your choice. Kristin has used this approach to instruct children, nipping a multitude of singing sins in the bud, including excessive breathiness, hoarseness, awkward breathing, lack of vibrato, poor range, and saying everything in an irritating sing-song while cuddling a kitten.
Unlike those Gregorian monks living in your tree, Kristin will instruct and motivate you or your kids with musical styles they actually like. She's a classically and commercially trained singer proficient in everything from opera to country to jazz to rock to heavily auto-tuned Tuvan throat-pop. When she's not flying out to Cali to coach pop/punk groups through their first album, she's at her Music Row studio coaching local Nashville stars and hopefuls. If you bought Rock Band to help your child develop their talent, but find their education has stalled somewhere between "Eye of the Tiger" and "More Than a Feeling," Kristin will help them take their vocals and love of music to the next level.
People are too busy singing to write online reviews about Kristin K. Smith. However, Kristin passed along the following testimonials to us:
- Kristin is a gifted teacher with a strong background in education and several years of experience. She has the ability to pull the best out of her students as well as motivates them to keep growing. I would recommend her for any vocal style of music. – Dango, drummer for Amber Pacific, Seattle, Washington
- Since that time Kristin has not only taught [our daughter], but also encouraged and inspired her to do her best. In turn we have seen a tremendous improvement in Kennedy's confidence as a young performer. She has been thriving on stage and has placed in many competitions above those much older than her. – Shanda, mom of 7-year-old Kennedy
- Kristin is hands down one of the best vocal instructors in the Music City Capital [sic]. She is incredibly gifted at bringing out the best in any singer. Kristin is amazingly supportive and encouraging. I am extremely thankful for the confidence and ability I have obtained from her training. – LeToya Hayes, R&B Artist, Tallahassee, Florida
Vocal Exercises For Beginners
Maybe you’re a beginner looking to woo your sweetheart by singing an aria beneath her bedroom window, or maybe you’re just itching to steal the spotlight at your sister’s wedding. Either way, here are some vocal exercises to warm up your pipes:
- “The lazy lion lay limply on the lush lawn.”
- “I was aware of where I was, when I was where a werewolf was.”
- “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.”
- To the notes G, C, E, A: “I hate my daaaad.”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Nashville-Davidson metropolitan government (balance)
118 16th Ave S #250e
Nashville, Tennessee 37203Get Directions