Choose from Four Options
- $80 for one private surf lesson with five small-group fitness classes for one person ($265 value)
- $149 for one surf lesson with five small-group fitness classes for two people ($539 value)
- $49 for five small-group fitness classes ($175 value)
- $89 for 10 small-group fitness classes ($350 value)
- Click here to see the class schedule.
Kula Nalu Ocean Sports
The Hawaiian owners of Kula Nalu Ocean Sports take pride in their heritage and Hawaii's surf culture. As a way of sharing this pride with others, they pass on their extensive knowledge through surfing and standup-paddleboard lessons. Staff members certified in CPR, first aid, and basic life support start each lesson by analyzing each student's physical condition and adapting the lesson to their learning style and skill level.
Lessons begin at Kula Nalu's specialized training facility. In that controlled environment, the staff teaches all the principles of ocean safety, from wave identification to dealing with on-water mistakes. Onsite simulators allow students to practice catching and riding waves without worrying about taking a spill or giving the right-of-way to wayward ghost ships. These sessions ready surfers for the moment the instructors take them to a nearby beach to begin their on-water practice. In addition to surf and standup-paddleboard lessons, the staff also provides personal-training sessions and competitive surf training that delves into the sport's mental and physical demands.