This deal is SOLD OUT, but check out our other awesome acupuncture deal here.
Health is more than the absence of disease; it's the overall well being of the physical, psychological, and emotional biospheres. Today's Groupon can heal you through and through with an integrated, holistic discount: $30 gets you a 60-minute consultation and acupuncture session at Kwai Fah Acupuncture Clinic (a $75 value). Today's Groupon is the perfect chance for you to try out this ancient form of healing. Unstick your qi and release your hidden superpowers.
The Chinese mapped a network of channels that carry energy, or qi, through the body. Tentatively known as The Inter Net before that name was discarded as silly, these channels revealed that the uneven flow of energy can cause disease and pain. A fully licensed practitioner and certified Diplomate in Oriental Medicine, Kristl Yuen taps into those channels with thin, sterile needles (each is used only once and then disposed of). Though it may sound scary, these fine needles are gently inserted, and most people say needling produces a relaxing sensation. Your treatment may also incorporate cupping, Gua Sha, Tui na massage, or moxibustion, depending on your specific needs.
The National Institutes of Health concluded in 1997 that acupuncture is an effective treatment for a variety of conditions, including asthma, allergies, headaches, menstrual cramps, and back pain. Even fiddle-fit specimens of health can benefit from acupuncture treatment since it is known to boost the immune system—just in time for flu season.
Though most of Kristl Yuen's clients encourage their qi to flow freely, a couple channel it into online user reviews; two Yelpers give Kwai Fah Acupuncture five stars:
- ...Kristl at Kwai Fah was experienced, comfortable, friendly, nice, accommodating and really good at what she does...aware of the anxieties a first-timer might have... – Abby C.
- Immediately I felt relief in my tension - my head was clear. Shortly thereafter, one of the issues I had been experiencing was relieved as well. The very next day. – K.M.
Like Searching for a Something in a Something Stack
Acupuncture needles are so delicate that they add an additional layer of impossibility to the old notion of finding a needle in a haystack. With needles officially too small to be recovered from mounds of dried grass, what other improbable analogies can we use to complain?
- Like looking for a ghost in a sheet factory
- Like looking for your fianceé in IKEA
- Like looking for a vegetarian option at Big Tex’s Steer Nuggetorium
- Like looking for Waldo on an improbably crowded beach full of people who decided to wear very similar striped sweaters to the beach
- Like looking for an honest man in Congress, am I right, folks?
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
4101 N Western Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60618Get Directions