Auto racing came about as an alternative to horseracing when it became apparent that horses have no windshield for stopping overgrown katydids from splattering on drivers' foreheads. Fuel up with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $159 for a 20-lap stock-car racing experience for one, valid Monday–Thursday (a $399 value)
- $299 for a 20-lap stock-car racing experience for two, valid Monday–Thursday (a $798 value)
- $594 for a 20-lap stock-car racing experience for four, valid Monday–Thursday (a $1,596 value)
- $159 for a 20-lap stock-car racing experience for one, valid Friday–Sunday (a $399 value)
- $299 for a 20-lap stock-car racing experience for two, valid Friday–Sunday (a $798 value)
- $594 for a 20-lap stock-car racing experience for four, valid Friday–Sunday (a $1,596 value)
After a brief class introducing safety systems, track orientation, Victorian architecture, throttle control, and the safe-racing line, speedsters strap into racing suits, gloves, and helmets to begin their racing experience. Drivers open up throttles along the straightaways and scream through turns for 20 laps around the Irwindale Speedway as instructors pipe advice and tips through earpieces. Because the vehicles are authentic super-late-model stock cars, all drivers must be able fit through a window opening measuring 16"x32", situated about 36 inches from the ground—easily achieved by most people who wear up to an XXL shirt size and pants with up to a 42" waist. Though not included in this Groupon, onboard video packages are available starting at $79 to enhance driving adventures.
A real stock car roars around a banked oval track as a coach's voice crackles in the driver's ear. This isn’t the Indy 500; it's L.A. Racing. Featured on NBC Today in L.A., L.A. Racing's Adventure programs let would-be racers grip the wheel during fast-forward laps around a real track. This video shows the rubber meeting the road at Irwindale Speedway.
Inside, L.A. Racing's instructors educate new drivers, helping them get a feel for new tracks and learn to follow the proper line through turns. These practice cars feature realistic racing effects—engine vibrations and road-surface texture, for example. Competition courses are available for drivers who want to take racing to the next level and master advanced techniques such as throttle control, trail braking, and passing.
94% of 124 customers recommend
500 Speedway Drive
Irwindale, California 91706Get Directions