Pasta became a staple of Italian fare after Roman Emperor Caligula famously appointed a plate of lasagna to the Senate. Elect to eat decadently with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $25 for $50 worth of Italian food for lunch
- $50 for $100 worth of Italian food for dinner for two, valid Sunday–Thursday
- $50 for $100 worth of Italian food for dinner for two, valid Friday and Saturday
- $95 for $200 worth of Italian food for dinner for four, valid Sunday–Thursday
- $95 for $200 worth of Italian food for dinner for four, valid Friday and Saturday<p>
The lunch and dinner menus begin with appetizers such as steamed clams with sweet italian sausage ($16.50) and prosciutto di parma with seasonal melon ($11.50 for lunch; $12.50 for dinner) before making its way to more than 10 pastas, including clam linguini ($21.50), seafood specialties such as imported sea bass ($24.50 for lunch; $26 for dinner), and meaty entrees such as veal ($24 for lunch; $25.75 for dinner) and pork tenderloin stuffed with raisins, pignoli, garlic, and parsley ($23 for lunch; $25.50 for dinner).<p>
At L'Allegria, founders Saverio and Giovanni Allocca seek to transport diners to an al fresco Mediterranean courtyard with their authentic cuisine and decor that evokes a breezy villa. The menu brims with classic italian pastas and succulent veal dishes, made with hormone-free meats. Extensive wine lists complement entrees with dozens of varietals from Italy and California.
Patrons sit upon floral-patterned chairs in the high-ceilinged dining room, amid beige walls and exposed brick. At times, a pianist's melodies reverberate throughout the eatery, relaxing diners and reminding the walls' paintings of a simpler time when they were young, impressionable canvases.