Without carnivals, grownups could only relive their childhoods by wearing oversize trench coats and pretending to be two kids pretending to be an adult. Step right up to this Groupon.
$65 for a VIP Package for Two (Up to $130.95 Total Value)
- Admission for two on September 12 or September 19 (a $24 value)
- One parking ticket (a $12 value)
- Two carnival rides (up to a $15 value)
- Two wine tastings each at the Wine & Spirits Marketplace (a $12 value)
- Two souvenir wine glasses (a $10 value)
- One 6"x8" photograph at Zoom In Photos (a $12.95 value)
- A beginner betting session (a $5 value)
- Two 90th-anniversery souvenir T-shirts (a $30 value)
- One goody bag (a $10 value)
2012 L.A. County Fair
Though many things have changed during the L.A. County Fair’s 90 years, the one constant has been the large crowds it attracts with the classic sights and sounds of an outdoor carnival. Lights race past as carnival rides fly overhead, and riffs from battling bands carry through the air. Stingray Island, a new attraction in 2012, brings fair-goers face to fin with octopuses, schools of shrimp, and stingrays swimming inside a 17,000-gallon salt-water tank. Inside FairView Farms, fair-goers can see firsthand what it takes to work a farm by watching live workers tend to pastures and baby animals at the nursery. In 2011, more than 1,490,000 people explored the fairgrounds, making it the second-highest attendance year recorded outside of 1991, when everyone showed up with their stunt double.