- Gourmet Mexican classics
- Historic mariachi restaurant
- Live mariachi performances
- Spanish colonial building
What You'll Get
Listening to live mariachi music during dinner has been linked to improved digestion and a lowered risk of having a meal ruined by a keytar-wielding dinner guest. Reap the health benefits with today's deal: for $20, you get up to $50 worth of Mexican cuisine at La Fonda on Wilshire. This Groupon is worth $40 if redeemed Friday or Saturday and worth $50 if redeemed Sunday–Thursday.
At La Fonda, taste buds and their trainers are treated to an elegant dining and a cultural experience in a historic mariachi restaurant. With live Mexican folkloric shows accompanying dinner, La Fonda features talented performers on both stage and plate. The menu sizzles with gourmet takes on Mexican classics with occasional contemporary flourishes. The sopa de tortilla is a secret chicken broth hideout in which tomato, shredded chicken, and tortilla chips meet up to plot a tummy takeover ($8). Entree allies include Maria Elena's mole, a grilled chicken breast cloaked in a chili-and-nut sauce flecked with Mexican spices and chocolate ($23), and the chuletas de borrego, a 10 oz. grilled baby lamb rack slathered in mint-jalapeño sauce with garlic mashed potato sidekicks ($30). Demand an edible encore with the fresas con crema, juicy strawberries in cinnamon cream ($7).
Housed in a renovated Spanish Colonial–style building, La Fonda on Wilshire's high ceilings, warm tones, and modern touches create a traditional yet modern ambience. With a large, well-lit stage as the focal point of the dining room, a night out at La Fonda is sure to spoil all nine senses.
- Honestly, if you want authentic Mexican food and great entertainment, La Fonda is the place to be! ...But wait, there's more! The entertainment...WOW! These guys, the Mariachi band, were to say the least, extraordinary. – nikush, Citysearch
- It was really nice how the mariachis came out and took pictures with everyone. Makes for great memories, especially for out of town guests. The food was incredible, not your run of the mill Mexican food. The rice was terrific, with all kinds of fresh veggies cooked in it. The tomatillo sauce on the enchiladas was delish! – OpenTable reviewer who dined on 8/1/2010
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 3, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Limit 1 per table. Reservation required. Not valid toward delivery. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.