What You'll Get
Click above to buy tickets LA Galaxy vs. Houston Dynamo playoff tickets on Friday, November 13, 8 p.m. in Section 129 or 134 (sideline) for $30 (a $75 value). Buy here for tickets in Section 101 (behind the goal) for $15 (a $34 value).
Jump to: American Measures
Soccer, like the metric system, is full of merit and is immensely popular internationally. Today’s Groupon gets you tickets to the LA Galaxy's playoff match against the Houston Dynamo on November 13 at 8 p.m. Choose from seats in Section 101 (behind the goal) or Section 129 or 134 (sideline).
The stakes are raised and the entire stadium is electrified by competitive energy during a playoff game. The thrill of watching 22 athletes navigate a 100-yard field with the season on the line can convert the most stubborn sports fans. Notice how the players, including David Beckham, sprint and kick with increased levels of tenacity and vivaciousness on the road to the 2009 MLS Cup.
Soccer, the world’s most popular sport, is so significant because of its poetic simplicity and the fact that it's the only sport to use a soccer ball. There are no hoops, no pads, no sticks, no bats, no steroids, and no commercial time-outs in this game that requires simply feet and a ball. No other sport delivers the acrobatics of a perfectly executed bicycle kick or the seamless composition of a corner rebounded off the bouncy head of a teammate. An appreciation of soccer is something any true sports fan should have, and with fútbol legend and Bend It Like Beckham screenwriter David Beckham on the field, there's no better time to witness the game.
While Europeans praise their metric system, Americans know better and see no reason to give it any attention. Here are some underutilized American units of measurement that might convince Europeans to switch:
- Horseleys are units of measurement that denote the number of horses that could be stuffed into an enclosed space, e.g. that is a 2.5-horseley phone booth.
- Lisahours denote how many hours of work are spent wondering about the intended tone of Lisa’s last text message.
- Flauberts denote how long a person is able to knowledgeably talk about Madame Bovary despite never reading it.
- ExecutiveHeight is a unit of length measuring seven feet, the combined height of President Lincoln and President Washington.
- Crimepounds measure the weight of one’s conscience after allowing an innocent man to be sent away for life.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
About LA Galaxy
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 14, 2009. Amount paid never expires. Expires date of game. Only valid for date/section purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.