Participants don a wet-suit, mask, and snorkel to explore the 7 caves of La Jolla Cove and swim with sea lions and colorful fish
About This Deal
- During this tour, rated one of the 10 best things to do in La Jolla by VacationIdea, experienced guides equip patrons with masks, wetsuits, fins, and snorkels, as well as all the training they need to explore the underwater landscapes of La Jolla Cove. Snorkelers will see underwater rock formations, plant life, and sea creatures including sea lions, Garibaldi, sea cucumbers, anemones, and sea stars.
- Departure location: 2710 Garnet Avenue, Suite 110, San Diego, CA92109
- Departure time: by appointment
- Age restriction: Must be 13 or older
- Must know how to swim
- Wetsuits are required for tours and can be rented for an additional $9 per person
Need To Know
About La Jolla Water Sports
At La Jolla Water Sports, guides undergo extensive training before captaining snorkeling excursions into the calm, crystalline waters of the Pacific. The experts escort 6 to 12 patrons at a time on shark tours of the shallow, sandy flats where small-mouthed leopard sharks up to 5 feet long lounge on their easy chairs of sand. Snorkeling tours of the La Jolla cove grant participants, including beginners and kids, a siren's-eye view of rock formations, underwater flora, and marina critters including garibaldi fish, sea cucumbers, anemones, and starfish. The most action-packed of La Jolla Water Sports's offerings are the spearfishing tours in which leaders expound on the importance of safety and proper form as customers skewer fish before schlepping them home for dinner or as treats for pet grizzly bears.