Eating international fare locally eliminates the woes associated with transatlantic travel, such as jet lag and oar splinters. Stamp your palate’s passport with today’s Groupon to La Piñata. This deal is only valid at the San Jose location. Choose between the following options:
- For $24, you get dinner for two (up to a $49 value), which includes the following:
- Two entrees from the especialidades de la casa or burrito menu (up to a $16.50 value each)
Two margaritas de la casa (an $8 value each)
- For $40, you get dinner for four (up to a $92 value), which includes the following:
- Four entrees from the especialidades de la casa or burrito menu (up to a $16.50 value each)
- One pitcher of margaritas de la casa (a $26 value)
The gastronomic gurus at La Piñata wield tortillas, mole sauce, and steak in the careful construction of the especialidades de la casa and burrito menus. Carnitas enclose succulent pork that has been simmered longer than Oscar the Grouch and braised to a crispy finish. Sample Mexico’s national dish, chicken breast bathed in mole sauce, or dive into a platter of sirloin-steak tips mingling with prawns alongside onions and green chilies, all lathered with a mild red sauce. Burritos can bear a choice of chicken, shredded beef, pork, or vegetarian fillings into waiting stomachs. The house margarita blend summons the powers of El Jimador Blanco tequila with naturally sweet sidekicks, including orange juice, agave nectar, and freshly squeezed lime juice.