Golf is so beloved because it combines two of humankind’s favorite things—hitting stuff and driving on someone else’s lawn. Play through with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $59 for an 18-hole round of golf for two with two medium buckets of range balls, redeemable Monday through Friday after 11 A.M. (up to a $114 value)
- $119 for an 18-hole round of golf for four with four medium buckets of range balls, redeemable Monday through Friday after 11 A.M. (up to a $228 value)
- $79 for an 18-hole round of golf for two with two medium buckets of range balls, redeemable Saturday and Sunday after 11 A.M. (up to a $142 value)
- $155 for an 18-hole round of golf for four with four medium buckets of range balls, redeemable Saturday and Sunday after 11 A.M. (up to a $284 value)
La Purisima Golf Course
Since it opened in 1986, La Purisima Golf Course has collected nearly as many accolades as it has wayward golf balls. Known as "La Piranha" to regulars, the course has appeared in numerous publications, often for its challenging layout. Golf Digest ranked it 33rd on its list of the toughest courses in the country, and Golf Magazine placed it among the top 100 public courses in the country for nine years in a row.
It may seem like architects Kenneth Hume Hunter, Jr. and Robert Muir Graves teamed up to punish the Santa Barbara golfing community, but that's not the case at all. Instead, they shared a vision for the 309-acre plot as a pure version of golf unencumbered by real estate developments and novelties such as manmade waterfalls or hydraulic-equipped carts. The result is a long, enjoyable, and, yes, difficult test of the game that rewards bold shot selection and precise play across a naturally undulating landscape in the heart of wine country.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 7,105 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 75.6 from the back tees
- Course slope of 143 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole
“We golf La Purisima whenever we visit the area. It is a beautiful course and the staff is great. A special thank you to Larry :) ”
“Great course in really good shape,”
“The course is in excellent condition. Good value!”