Traveling by boat lets people enjoy the freedom of open water and avoid driving through dangerous backroads that have fallen to the cow uprising. Float on by with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $149 for a mini cruise for two adults and up to four children younger than 15, valid Tuesday–Thursday (a $325.95 total value)
- $162 for a mini cruise for two adults and up to four children younger than 15, valid Friday–Monday (a $325.95 total value)<p>
Each trip includes:
- Roundtrip passage for two adults (a $89 value for each adult; kids ride for free)
- Access to a private stateroom, stocked with two twin beds, a toilet, and a sink (a $98 value)
- Four adult meals (a $10 value each)
- Security fee (a $9.95 value)<p>
Two adults and up to four children can enjoy the fresh lake air aboard the 410-foot steamer boat during a four-hour Lake Michigan crossing, from Ludington, Michigan to Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Each adult enjoys two buffet meals and a drink per crossing and private stateroom access for a place to nap or store belongings. Roundtrip crossings can be scheduled back-to-back or returns can be scheduled within 48 hours of the original crossing. See the cruise schedule.
"S.S. Badger" Lake Michigan CarFerry
While the S.S. Badger has been honored as a National Historic Landmark, its beginnings were humble. First setting sail in 1953, the Badger originally carried railcars, along with a few select passengers, across scenic Lake Michigan. Now the last of the Great Lakes's coal-fired steamships, the 410-foot vessel ships cargo of a different kind, transporting guests and their vehicles across Lake Michigan with the comforts and amenities of a modern cruise ship, with ongoing efforts to improve their ship environmentally.
While the boat sails between Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconsin, guests amble through the open deck for views of the scenic shorelines or set up shop on deck chairs, armed with a cool drink and a Mermaid-to-English dictionary. The ship’s shaded interior entertains with movies, guests shouting at celebratory bingo, and arcade games giving off musical tones as kids set new high scores. For a more muted ride, private staterooms let guests snooze away the hours, and a quaint museum elucidates the ship’s history in hushed solitude. An in-house bar blends, shakes, and stirs ingredients into a range of refreshing cocktails, while the café showcases artfully crafted sandwiches like a deli hall of fame.