All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Golf courses were historically built around natural landscapes, but only used the meadows and crags that formed faithful bird's-eye portraits of the Scottish monarchy's most faithful caddies. Celebrate their dignity with today's Groupon to Lake Spivey Golf Club in Jonesboro. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get 18 holes of golf for two with cart rental (a $36.99 value/person on weekends after 11 a.m.; a $32.99 value/person on weekdays) and two large buckets of range balls (a $6.50 value/bucket; up to a $92.19 total value, with tax included).
- For $75, you get 18 holes of golf for four with cart rental (a $36.99 value/person on weekends after 11 a.m.; a $32.99 value/person on weekdays) and four large buckets of range balls (a $6.50 value/bucket; up to a $184.38 total value, with tax included).
Built in 1963, Lake Spivey Golf Club's recently reconfigured 18-hole championship course boasts fairways that wend around pine and hardwood borders, as well as two par 5 holes that challenge seasoned players. Velvety bent grass carpets greens, inviting balls to slide swiftly to their flagged destinations and inviting golfers to lie down on its pillowy surface for a nine-hour midgame nap. The back nine teems with water hazards and holes that challenge golfers' long games, encouraging iron wielders to spend more time practicing on the range with included buckets of range balls. Call ahead to schedule a tee time.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 20, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid before 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lake Spivey Golf Club
Cleaved through a gallery of towering pines and hardwoods, the fairways of Lake Spivey Golf Course tumble over 6,807 yards of rolling terrain to form a challenging, par 72 layout. Two lengthy par fives—measuring in at 540 and 560 yards from the tips—bookend the front nine and demand a Herculean drive or a zero-gravity golf ball to reach the green in two. A more difficult design awaits on the back nine, with water hazards and herds of golf carts coming into play on six holes and two long par fours rated the courses first- and third-most difficult holes.
Tree-lined fairways, well-guarded pins, and slick, bent-grass greens characterize the layout from start to finish, reflecting the designers' vision for a course that requires both shot-making ability and solid course management to maintain low scores. The course also features a unique 19th hole, letting players enjoy a pressure-free conclusion to their round.
Appetites piqued after a day at the links can find relief at The Albatross Public House, which serves a menu of burgers, sandwiches, and other traditional grill fare.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 6,807 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 72.7 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 136 from the farthest tees
- Five tee options