The best part of rafting is the exhilaration of exploration, up until you realize the difficulty of paddling through pudding in your bathtub and must face yourself in the mirror. Take to real rivers with today's Groupon from Lakota Guides. Choose between two options:
- For $119, you get a whitewater-rafting package for two (a $228 value). Each package includes:
- Lower Eagle AM or PM rafting trip for two with a guide (an $89 value per person)
- Two souvenir 5"x7" digital photographs or T-shirts (a $25 value each)
- For $220, you get a whitewater-rafting package for four (a $456 value). Each package includes:
- Lower Eagle AM or PM rafting trip for four with a guide (an $89 value per person)
- Four souvenir 5"x7" digital photographs or T-shirts (a $25 value each)
Lakota’s CPR- and first aid–certified guides have been captaining crews of clients of all experience levels down the rollicking ripples of the scenic Eagle River for more than 25 years. During the Lower Eagle AM and PM trips, gregarious guides direct whitewater vessels down the Colorado spring, a series of lively rapids that, since they aren't controlled by any dams, are subject to the unpredictable shifting conditions of the spring.
The school furnishes the boat and necessary equipment so students are spared the inconvenience of cobbling together their own raft from inflatable air mattresses. The company also provides parties with snacks as well as souvenir T-shirts or photographs to commemorate their victory over the mighty creek. Guests who plan on bringing along youthful shipmates should call ahead, as age restrictions vary depending on water and genetically engineered evil-octopus levels.
For more than 25 years, Lakota Guides has escorted its clientele to Edwards' and Vail's most scenic spots on river rafting, off-road, and group trips. Team Lakota, led by Karl Borski and John Mark Seelig, has hundreds of years of combined experience in outdoor activities ranging from rafting and rescue operations to tree massage and bark exfoliation. The guides demonstrate their mastery when leading visitors on Class V water-rafting trips along the Colorado and Arkansas Rivers. They also romp through the mountainous terrain aboard rugged off-road vehicles during daylong treks.
429 Edwards Access Blvd.
Edwards, Colorado 81632