Like a bottle of fine champagne, antique cars should be prominently displayed and only taken outside if they’re being slammed into the bow of a majestic yacht. Feast your eyes on worthy collectibles with today's Groupon to the Larz Anderson Auto Museum, located in Brookline. Choose between two options:
- For $10, you get two adult tickets for admission into the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (a $20 value).
- For $25, you get a family membership to the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (a $50 Value).
Home to one of America's oldest car collections, the Larz Anderson Auto Museum has been showcasing the historic compilation of cars, trucks, and convertibles of upper-class socialites Larz and Isabel Anderson for more than 75 years. Patrons can peruse automotive exhibits, or marvel at the Larz Anderson collection of antique cars, which includes an 1899 Winton Runabout, a 1912 Renault, and a 1925 Luxor Taxi. The museum’s 1888 Carriage House is a spectacular sight all its own, as the exquisite facility was built to resemble the French Chateau de Chaumont-Sur-Loire, minus a moat overflowing with red wine. With a family membership, you’ll get with free admission for up to four family members, along with the following member benefits:
- Admission to lawn events held on the grounds throughout the year
- Discounts to lectures and other museum events
- Access to the weekly email newsletter
- Invitations to member-only events
- It's a great location for car afficionadoes [sic] to get together and geek out, and for others to enjoy some lovely scenery. – Maureen D.
- A visit here transports you away from the city bustle. The lawns are verdant, with glorious views of the land below. But from this castle, it feels like you're in another kingdom entirely. – Ligaya T.
Larz Anderson Auto Museum
America’s oldest car collection is stowed away inside an exquisite mansion built to resemble the French Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire. A vehicular hot spot for the car-collecting community, the 75-year-old museum showcases dazzling exhibits, such as Britain Can Make It: Postwar Progress through Determination, Innovation & Exportation, conducts educational programs and lectures, and maintains a viewable fleet of carefully maintained machines. Cars on display range from 1920s cruisers to modern Formula One racers. Additionally, museum members have access to all lawn event car shows from May through October.
The museum will be closed from April 15 through mid-May to prepare for a new exhibit.