All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $25 for a one-year Friend-level membership ($55 value)
Membership includes the following:
- Personalized member card for one adult, valid 4/1/15 through 4/30/16.
- Free guest with every visit
- Two Digital Theater passes, good for the Planetarium or National Geographic 3D Theater
- 10% discount at the Discovery Corner Store and Grizzly Peak Cafe
- Free or discounted admission to over 300 science centers and museums worldwide through the ASTC Passport program
- View all membership benefits
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 1, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Membership is active from 4/1/15-4/30/16; not valid before 4/1/15. Limit 1 per person. Must provide name of member, street and email address at checkout which will be shared to facilitate shipping. Email email@example.com with questions regarding membership and this offer. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Lawrence Hall of Science
Established in 1968 in honor of Ernest Orlando Lawrence, UC Berkeley's first Nobel laureate, The Lawrence Hall of Science aims to inspire the scientists and innovators of the future. Their hands-on exhibits allow children and adults to see and touch a fascinating variety of displays and projects. The animated, interactive Science On a Sphere globe, for example, uses actual scientific data to depict the expanding wave patterns of tsunamis and the surface of Mars. To learn more about seismic activity, guests head to the Forces That Shape the Bay outdoor park to explore erosion and the geology of the Bay Area. Kids can climb atop a life-size model whale or through the double helix of a huge DNA sculpture, or work with UC Berkeley students and staff to design and build a prototype in the Ingenuity Lab.
The museum also sparks imaginations with an interactive planetarium and the National Geographic 3D Theater. Its affiliation with the university makes it an ideal spot for educational camps and classes, as well as community events, including a robotics competition.