Martial arts encompass many forms of hand-to-hand combat, from jujitsu to punching walls in your sleep. Focus your fury with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $52 for 12 kids’ martial arts classes with a uniform, valid for ages 3–5 ($169.99 value)
- $69 for 12 family martial arts classes with a uniform, valid for ages 6 and up ($229.99 value)
- $76 for a birthday party for up to 30 kids ($190 value)
- $20 for 6 kids’ martial arts classes with a uniform, valid for ages 3–5 ($109.99 value)
- $25 for 6 family martial arts classes with a uniform, valid for ages 6 and up ($119.99 value)
The birthday party includes free invitations, a group class, a martial arts demonstration, a Samurai sword cake-cutting, board-breaking, and games.
Lee Brothers Academy
Like the art of Tae Kwan Do, seventh-degree black belt Grand Master Sang Ho Lee hails from Korea. He's one of the six martial arts Grand Masters and Masters who teach at Lee Brothers Academy—and, as the studio's name suggests, the other five are Lees, too. After watching a bout of their kicks, jabs, and brick-breaking, you'll suspect that a feisty streak runs in the family.
That steak is well counterbalanced by a peaceful side, however. The Lees complement their Tae Kwon Do lessons with lessons in Hap Ki Do, a "soft" martial art in which the practitioner avoids force altogether. Instead, he or she defuses attacks as nonviolently as possible, using joint locks and pressure points to turn the attacker's strength against him. This method is ideal for small fighters taking on bigger opponents, or whale-wrestlers in training.