What You'll Get
If your commute from work is consumed with anxiety over what dinner you can make with dried lentils, a block of cream cheese, and potatoes left over from a potato-sack fight, today's Groupon is for you. For $45, you’ll get six pre-assembled pickup meals from Let’s Do Dinner, a meal-assembly kitchen designed to take the guesswork out of dinner (a $90 value). Each pickup meal contains 2–3 servings. You can also choose to come in, learn to cook and assemble your own meals, and apply the $90 value toward the $140 cost of six flex meals (each meal contains six servings).
Created by two couples, Let’s Do Dinner is perfect for time-strapped professionals, busy families, mountain climbers returned from long journeys with poorly stocked pantries, and people who hate cutting carrots. Scroll through online menus and pick out your meals. Current monthly offerings include tiger-shrimp pasta; rosemary, garlic, and Dijon-seasoned prime rib; and spicy orange- peel glazed chicken.
If you choose to apply your Groupon toward purchasing six flex meals, you'll have to pay the additional $50 fee toward the total $140 cost (your Groupon gets you $90). With this option, you’ll learn how to cook the meals, learn the recipes, and work with staff.
Let’s Do Dinner allows even the culinary challenged to quickly and healthfully feed your families and friends so you have more time to think about your collective blog about kittens and mistletoes. Rotating recipes with vegetarian options include options for everyone. Effortlessly wean a junk-food addict off sugary treats or treat your stove-slaving spouse with this timesaving Groupon.
- So my wife's no cook and she's been doing the meal kitchen thing for over a year now. I'm still amazed that we ever managed any other way. – bladlow, Citysearch
- I would recommend this to anyone a family or even couples(just split the meals), homemade gourmet food for cheaper then [sic] fast food per serving!!! – Anonymous, Parents Connect
How Fast Food Got Cheaper
The quality of Let's Do Dinner meals is an unbeatable value. Some fast-food companies have been lowering their prices to compete with their healthier competitor. Here's what the fast food companies are doing to save money:
- All sandwiches now served open-faced.
- If you want to put all the different types of soda in one cup, you have to pay extra.
- Kids' meal toy replaced with what appears to be birdseed.
- Meat for hamburger patties has been replaced with Nutrinex™ Simulated Meat Digestible
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 10, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person; 1 per session. Must be used in 1 visit. May buy multiple as gifts. Not valid with other offers. Excludes walk-in and special sessions. Applied to 6 meal pick-up or to flex session. Orders must be placed 48 hrs in advance. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.