The human body is capable of great feats of endurance, be it running a marathon, scaling Mount Everest, or sitting through staged readings of Atlas Shrugged. Build strength with today's Groupon: for $35, you can register for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program (a $140 value). The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training is the world's foremost charity athletic training program, helping individuals prepare for endurance events while fundraising for blood-cancer research. Use this Groupon to train for any of the following fall events:
- Nation's Triathlon-Marathon on September 11, 2011 (Washington, DC)
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 9, 2011 (Chicago, Illinois)
- Detroit Free Press Marathon and Half Marathon on October 16, 2011 (Detroit, Michigan)
- Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon and Half Marathon on October 16, 2011 (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
- Nike Women's Marathon and Half Marathon on October 16, 2011 (San Francisco, California)
- Zion National Park Hike on October 29, 2011 (Zion National Park, Utah)
- Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon and Half Marathon on November 5, 2011 (Savannah, Georgia)
Featured in the Birmingham-Bloomfield Paper, Team In Training's professional coaches provide nutritional and fitness advice to help participants meet their physical goals, welcoming experienced athletes and green-but-determined terrapins alike. The program adopts a double-pronged training method incorporating personal attention from coaches with weekly group sessions. Groupon holders receive two one-mile training sessions at VFW Park in Royal Oak each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday at 9 a.m. prior to joining the full team on May 12. After this date and registering for their chosen event and meeting fundraising requirements, athletes will complete 16-mile training runs during 4-5 months of weekly group training sessions leading up to the race. Participants will receive fee-free registration, travel to their event (if out of state), accommodations, plus a T-shirt, self-chilling water bottle, and a warm, fuzzy sensation signifying victory.
Much like the life of poet-turned-politician Joseph Addison, Team In Training's program has two sides. In addition to athletic training and stylish swag, participants receive fundraising support and incentives; fundraising requirements vary based on the event. Trainees are welcome to participate in honor of a local blood-cancer patient, and all money raised is upcycled into funding for valuable research for the treatment and cure of leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and myeloma.
798 S Campbell Rd.
Royal Oak, Michigan 48067Get Directions