What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $9 for admission for two ($16 value)
- $18 for admission for four ($32 value)
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Groupon deals are for regular museum admission only, and cannot be used for special events and programs. Check website for specific dates Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Levine Museum of the New South
The interactive, engaging exhibits at the Levine Museum of the New South trace the history of Charlotte and the Carolina Piedmont from 1865 (when the Civil War ended) to today. The exhibits share the diverse stories of those who have shaped the region and those who continue to reinvent it. Visitors leave with a deep understanding of the profound changes the South has experienced.
- Central Exhibit: The museum pivots on its main attraction, an 8,000-square-foot exhibit called Cotton Fields to Skyscrapers. It boasts interactive, immersive environments where visitors explore more than 1,000 artifacts, images, and video clips to learn how the South has changed from the end of the Civil War until today.
- Through the Eyes of History: In the main exhibit, visitors can sit at a Civil Rights–era lunch counter while they listen to stories told by leaders of sit-ins.
- Hands-On Features: Visitors can plunge their hands into seed cotton and play checkers out front of an old mill house. They can also don clothes in an early Belk department store and expand and rearrange the museum's collection of images via touch-screen photo album.
- Temporary Exhibits: Upstairs galleries feature traveling and temporary museum-created exhibits ranging from Civil Rights photography to LGBTQ history.
- From the Press: According to the New York Times, "the achievement of the Levine Museum of the New South . . . should not be underestimated. . . . There is an appealing integrity in the way the museum takes on its subjects." 2015 Charlotte Magazine Best of the Best Winner: "With every exhibit, Levine Museum of the New South reminds us of our past while illuminating today's voices."