All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
For $8, today's side deal gets you a four-pack of tickets to the Lewis and Clark Boat House and Nature Center at Bishop's Landing in Saint Charles (up to a $16 value, depending on age).
- Admission (valued at $4 each for adults, $2 each for children younger than 17) includes access to dioramas and other exhibits illustrating the expedition of Lewis and Clark
- Home of the Discovery Expedition, which has reenacted Lewis and Clark's journey using a 55-foot replica of the explorers' keelboat
- Self-guided museum tour includes information on old Saint Charles
- See large indoor mural, Missouri River Walk
- Includes 10% off at the Trading Post gift shop
The editors of 10Best named the Lewis and Clark Boat House and Nature Center one of the top 10 historic sites in St. Louis. Lewis and Clark Road Trips: Exploring the Trail Across America featured the Lewis and Clark Boat House and Nature Center.
- Enjoy interactive and hands-on exhibits and programming about the Lewis and Clark Expedition and marvel at their amazing journey. Reenactments of the river portion of the journey are undertaken every year, using replicas of the original boats. – 10Best
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 2, 2011. Amount paid never expires. May use across visits. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lewis & Clark Boat House & Nature Center
In the pantheon of American explorers, there are few names as revered as Lewis and Clark. After securing the Louisiana Purchase in 1803, President Thomas Jefferson needed someone to map out the newly doubled national borders. The two U.S. Army officers were the men for the job. They set out into the great unknown in May of 1804, and except for the one Cracker Barrel they stopped at mid-journey, St. Charles was the last familiar piece of America they knew until their return trip in 1806.
As a testament to their momentous voyage, the Lewis & Clark Boat House & Nature Center houses full-scale replicas of the explorers' boats, half-scale 18th and 19th century buildings, and displays about the Native Americans that Lewis and Clark met along the way. Outside its walls, the museum also gives visitors a glimpse into the ecosystems that the pair explored. Visitors can walk on trails through the woods and wetlands to find herons, deer, and indigenous plants.