What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $40 for one 90-minute weight loss or smoking cessation treatment ($120 value)
- $114.90 for three Groupons, each good for one 90-minute weight loss or smoking cessation treatment ($360 value)
- $175 for five Groupons, each good for one 90-minute weight loss or smoking cessation treatment ($600 value)
Three Things to Know About Hypnosis
Despite its less-than-serious depiction in cartoons and movies, hypnosis can be an effective tool for therapy. Read on to learn more about the way hypnosis affects our conscious minds.
1. People aren’t unconscious under hypnosis. In fact, they are in a state of focused hyper-awareness. Subjects’ suggestibility does not emerge from any lack of understanding, but rather from the suppression of inhibitions. That might result in a stage performer making a person feel comfortable enough to cluck like a duck that thinks it’s a chicken, but for a therapist it might mean circumventing the conscious mind’s tendency to make excuses for an addiction.
2. You cannot be hypnotized against your will. Although it is true that a hypnotized person will be more susceptible to suggestion, it’s simply not possible to force them to do something that they don’t want to do. Likewise, when battling a deep-set psychological issue such as a phobia or an addiction, hypnosis doesn’t work by reversing the patient’s unwanted thoughts but by gradually strengthening their resolve to silence them.
3. Hypnosis often takes hold gradually. Many hypnotherapists use a method known as progressive relaxation. Introducing peaceful imagery in slow, soothing tones, the professional lulls the patient into a state of relaxation over a longer period of time—as long as a half-hour—and gauges their suggestibility with simple, easy-to-swallow commands such as “relax your arms.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Limit 1 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required, same day appointments accepted. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Free initial consultation take 15-20 minutes prior to hypnosis. Client will also receive an MP3 containing a self hypnosis guide. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.