What You'll Get
Personal training is much more than detailed instruction on how to be an actual person. Today’s Groupon gets you a holistic approach towards achieving your fitness goals in a one-on-one setting. For $40, you get three one-hour personal training sessions at Life Fitness Academy, a $195 value.
Everyone has the internal capacity to be his or her own personal trainer just by listening to the tiny muscle-bound twin they absorbed in the womb. However, a truly beneficial fitness regimen often requires a little more external motivation (blaring C+C Music Factory through your ear buds does not count). Dedicated fitness guru and inspirational instructor Terry Barga is a motivating catalyst designed to fire up your muscles and soul. Strong as a full-grown panda, gentle as a baby panda, and talented as a kung-fu panda, he is ranked among the top five personal trainers in Nashville by BizVotes.
Once you schedule your appointment, head to Barga's training studio. His domain is located just outside Vanderbilt University in the heart of Music Row. Your three sessions include personal training, holistic training, stress reduction, and nutritional analysis. This total package takes a well-rounded approach toward flattening flab and chiseling your chassis.
Sessions at Life Fitness aren’t just about building muscle. Prior to working out, a comprehensive fitness analysis will help lay the groundwork for your plan of attack. Then Barga will help you build a meal plan that keeps your training on the tracks. You’ll build an outline and learn habits that will keep your body in check even when it’s outside the walls of Terry’s personal training studio. It’s not often that a business aims to give you the tools necessary to become independent of its services, but that’s exactly what Life Fitness Academy strives to do.
- Terry has really helped me get in shape, lose weight and change my entire perspective on how to take care of my body. His workouts kick butt and his nutritional coaching has allowed me to eat healthy without feeling deprived. – bucwheatbertha, RateItAll
- One of the best experiences of my life! I don't say that lightly either, Terry has helped me lose over 35 pounds and I am thankful for his expertise in whole food based nutrition. Having a personal trainer of this magnitude I believe has been a key to my success. – Rita49, RateItAll
The personal trainer at Life Fitness Academy will push you for your own good, challenging your limits to gradually expand them and making sure the exercises are performed safely under his capable watch. Here are some signs that other personal trainers who solicit your business in alleys or at airport taxi stands might not have not have your best interests at heart:
- Training sessions frequently involve moving couches up stairwells.
- Trainer asks to be paid in Count Chocula or "equivalent cereal."
- Special trainer's chair resembles hammock; special trainer's guide resembles US Weekly.
- Locks self in bathroom at sound of any siren, including ambulances or vehicles on TV.
- Homemade energy drink might be coffee and Yoo-Hoo.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 3, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Must use in 3 consecutive sessions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.