What You'll Get
Bistros are remarkable in that they somehow manage to be both fancy and casual at the same time, much like a necktie with Taz on it. Feel gussied up without too much fuss with today’s Groupon to LightCatcher Winery & Bistro. Choose from the following options:
- For $40, you get a three-course bistro dinner for two people (up to an $86 total value). The meal includes the following:
- One appetizer (up to an $18 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $28 value each)
One dessert (up to a $12 value)<p>
- For $79, you get a three-course dinner for four people (up to a $172 total value). The meal includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to an $18 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $28 value each)
Two desserts (up to a $12 value each)<p>
- For $119, you get a three-course dinner for six people (up to a $258 total value). The meal includes the following:
- Three appetizers (up to an $18 value each)
- Six entrees (up to a $28 value each)
- Three desserts (up to a $12 value each)<p>
LightCatcher is a boutique bistro where guests can enjoy New American cuisine in the barrel room or take in the view from the scenic outdoor terrace. The fare focuses on local, seasonal produce rather than moon-tomatoes and includes such offerings as candied-bacon-and-quail-egg skewers and spicy crab cakes to start. The main event leads dinner groups through hills of pan-seared sea scallops nestled amid valleys of butternut-squash risotto. Plateaus of char-grilled, marinated flank steak are littered with sautéed grape-tomato flags planted by the valiant hoards of smoked gouda and lemon orzo that braved a steady rain of pine nuts and fresh basil to make the climb. A dessert artisan pours red-plum chocolate ganache over the molten-chocolate flourless tart tableside, ending the edible excursion on a sweet and memorable note.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 10, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required 24hr in advance. Dine-in only. Not valid for the purchase of alcohol. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About LightCatcher Winery & Bistro
LightCatcher Winery & Bistro, owners Caris and Terry offer relaxed fine dining every Thursday through Saturday. They curate Tasting Menus and Prix Fix specials, which highlight the restaurant's finest wine and food pairings.
They welcome fledgling sippers to sample wines in the tasting room and happily answer wine-related questions, such as how to choose the perfect glass or how to properly perform a spit take when confronted with the indecency of a gentleman caller without a top hat.
Caris and Terry take wines seriously. They scour Texas vineyards in search of the most flavorful grapes and have won numerous awards for their winemaking efforts. As a winemaker and chef, Caris tailors LightCatcher Winery & Bistro’s menu to complement the libations with savory flourishes such as goat cheese creamed corn, gouda-truffle orzo, house made duck prosciutto, and smoked rabbit with fresh oysters.