- Help organization serve 5 more
- Nonprofit access to experts
- Help raise cause awareness
About This Deal
Video is revolutionizing the way we send and receive all kinds of messages, be it a treatise on the inherent snuggle-ability of a baby polar bear or a call to end hunger. However, the fast pace of the field is fueled by funds, of which nonprofits inherently have little to spare. Lights. Camera. Help. works to give nonprofits access to media savvy experts, helping the nonprofits share their messages effectively with increasingly larger audiences.
Committed to assisting charitable organizations in going viral with their good words, Lights. Camera. Help. provides educational workshops, screenings, and an annual film festival that has been featured on The Huffington Post. The finished product helps to increase awareness about the organization's cause, with the goal of increasing funding and action as a result. The compassionate camera commanders of Lights. Camera. Help. would like to share their skills with five area nonprofits during a two-day workshop that will teach them how to tell, capture, edit, and distribute their stories to the public. As the Lights. Camera. Help. team is volunteer-based, limited funding prevents them from acquiring the resources necessary to educate all five organizations.
Join G-Team and contribute to Lights. Camera. Help.'s efforts to provide awareness and fundraising resources for local nonprofits. Giving levels of $5, $10, or $25 are available. If G-Team members raise $1,000, the following five organizations will get an in-depth, two-day video workshop:
- Austin Involved, a collective donating organization
- Ronald MacDonald House Charities of Austin, which supports programs that promote the health and well-being of children and families
- Amala Foundation, which seeks to unify communities in service and to promote peace
- Heart House, an Austin-area after-school program that keeps kids positively engaged with enriching activities
- Breakthrough Austin, which makes a six-year commitment to middle-school students who will be first-generation college graduates, to get them through high school and into college
Unlike traditional Groupon deals, G-Team campaigns typically don't offer you a "discount" or "savings." So "buyer" beware—when you click "Buy" to donate your time or money to a worthwhile G-Team cause, the only discount you may receive is 100% off free, priceless karma. Read more about G-Team.
About Lights. Camera. Help.
Lights. Camera. Help. (LCH) encourages nonprofit organizations to utilize video production as a means of getting their messages out to the public with workshops, events, and a nonprofit film festival. LCH’s Video 101 class teaches do-it-yourself video production for nonprofit organizations and offers guidance on how best to engage an audience. The program has educated representatives from a variety of nonprofit organizations such as Urban Roots and The Miracle Foundation.