The winter blues settle in when people get sick of staying indoors, watching television reruns, and knitting tiny mittens for their pet centipedes. Get back to nature and out of that teeming lair of insects with today’s Groupon for a Niagara Winter Lights Tour from Niagara Fun Tours in Niagara Falls. Choose from the following options:
- For $49, you get tour admission for one (a $111.87 value).
- For $79, you get tour admission for two (a $178.54 value).
- For $138, you get tour admission for four (a $311.88 value).
Each Niagara Winter Lights Tour includes:
* Round-trip transportation from any hotel in Niagara Falls
* Guided tour of Winter Festival of Lights along the Niagara Parkway and Dufferin Islands
* A ride up the Skylon Tower, with fireworks viewing on Friday evening tours
* Tour of the Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse
* Ice-wine tasting at Table Rock Welcome Centre
Tours operate every Friday and Saturday between Friday, November 11, 2011, and Saturday, January 28, 2012, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Pick-up can be arranged from any hotel in Niagara Falls starting at 6:30 p.m. or at one of the following designated pick-up points and times:
* Fallsview Casino at 6:25 p.m.
* Casino Niagara at 6:45 p.m.
Niagara Fun Tours harnesses a multi-passenger vehicle to transport passengers on guided expeditions around the radiant scenery of area light displays. Adventures kick off with a spin along the Niagara Parkway that treats eyes to an effulgent buffet of 100 light displays and thousands of hitchhiking fireflies. Sightseers then shuttle up the Skylon Tower to view the illuminated falls from above and bathe in the colorful glow of Friday-night firework displays from inside or on the outdoor observation deck. Guides then whisk their merrymaking flocks to the seasonal display at the Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse, granting them a chance to wander among a host of holiday-themed topiaries, carved bushes, and lush tropical blooms.
After excursions roll past the Dufferin Islands’ twinkling light exhibitions, vehicles pull up to the Table Rock Welcome Centre for a complimentary ice-wine tasting. Tourists wend along the awe-inspiring observation deck and admire the majesty of Horseshoe Falls’ illuminated cascades. Niagara Fun Tours permits guests to bring along their own balmy libations and snacks to bolster spirits and prevent stomachs from interrupting the tour with incessant honking.
Though Niagara Fun Tours sometimes features a discounted price online, this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
5705 Falls Ave.
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 7W6Get Directions