Golf obstacles parallel life challenges and reinforce conventional wisdom that the only way to escape rough patches is through excessive clubbing. Power through impediments with today’s Groupon: for $179, you get a punch card good for a golf package at Linfield National Golf Club (up to a $1,150 total value). The package includes:
- Eight rounds of golf (up to a $50 value each).
- 10 one-hour golf clinics (a $75 value each).
Before each round, golfers must pay a mandatory $15 cart fee that is not included in this Groupon.
Linfield National’s 6,146-yard, par 71 golf course blends a links-style course layout with the natural hazards of the local landscape such as water, trees, and rolling elevations, which collude to challenge course-management skills of greenhorns to green jackets. The melting pot of terrain makes for challenging course play, demanding that most players call on their entire bag of trick sticks with the exception of the mashie niblick, which has been forbidden from golf since kidnapping a string of caddies for ransom money to buy golf balls. In the small-group golf clinics, no more than 10 students convene to soak up an experienced instructor’s professional swing tips, learning the secrets to solid swing mechanics and how to tell a legitimate water hazard from one your opponent just dug.
Course at a Glance
* Total distance of 6,365 yards from the farthest tees
* Course rating of 69.8 from the farthest tees
* Slope of 123 from the farthest tees
* Four tee options available
* Links-style layout with traditional water, trees, and elevations