Professional hair studio offers a variety of aesthetic services including agave smoothing treatments with haircuts and styling
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Haircut, Deep Conditioning Treatment, and Blow-Dry
- Agave Smoothing Treatment
- Agave Smoothing Treatment with Haircut and Style
Hair Dryers: The Physics of Rapid Evaporation
The invention of the hair dryer has given hairstylists a powerful tool of the trade and the rest of us a quick way to dry soggy fireworks. Check out Groupon’s explanation of the science behind dry hair.
Given time, everything wet—even hair after a long shower—dries due to evaporation. When left to “air dry,” hair slowly loses its moisture as the air scoops it up and converts it to water vapor. Hair dryers speed up the drying process by blowing hot air over the wet hair—a process that works wonders thanks to two key principles of evaporation:
- Evaporation requires energy, and more energy—in this case, heat—helps break the bonds holding water molecules together more quickly; when those bonds are loose, the water changes states.
- A pocket of air can only hold a certain amount of vapor before it becomes saturated. Thus, blowing air over the hair increases the amount of air that can potentially pick up the vapor.
All hair dryers consist of an electric fan and a heating element. As the fan pushes air down the barrel, it passes over the heat and emerges as hot air. Though some models heat coils of wire with an electrical current, others have ceramic heating elements, which can dry hair more quickly by producing the more radiant, safer far-infrared heat. Lately, many stylists have begun to adopt ionic hair dryers, which expel hot air with a surplus of negatively charged ions, reducing static electricity and resulting in smoother hair.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointments valid Tuesday-Friday. Appointment required. Additional fees may apply depending on hair length, texture, and density. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for customers active within the past 12 month(s). All goods or services must be used by the same person. Must be 18 or older. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.