All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
$250 for a From the Heart Membership, which inlcudes a behind-the-scenes visit for two, to Lions Tigers & Bears in Alpine (a $500 value).
- State- and federal-licensed “no kill, no breed, no sell” exotic cat sanctuary, providing wild cats and other animals with rescue and a safe environment, exercise, and personal attention
- Located just east of Alpine in the Cleveland National Forest, the 93-acre expanse is home to 17 species and more than 50 animals, including black bears, four Bengal tigers, three African lions, and three bobcats
- From the Heart Membership ($500) includes unlimited visiting opportunities (Wednesdays-Saturdays, 9 a.m.-11 a.m.) for one year, subscription to the e-newsletter, a cat sponsorship certificate, and an 8x10’’ photo of your sponsored cat
- This Groupon also includes an exclusive behind-the-scenes visit at the sanctuary
- Onsite picnic area, barn, and animal medical center (available to members by appointment only)
- Valid toward membership renewals
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 26, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Must activate membership by 11/25/11, expires 1 yr from activation date. Visits by app't only. 24-hr cancellation notice or Behind the Scenes Groupon is forfeited. Must be 16 or older for Behind the Scenes visit. Non-transferable. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lions Tigers & Bears
Located on the site of a historical adobe stagecoach station, Lions Tigers & Bears brings visitors face-to-face with 19 species of animals at its accredited, non-profit exotic animal sanctuary. A visit to Lions Tigers & Bears is informative and inspirational. Bears once confined in concrete pits, lions previously prodded to perform tricks, and baby tigers torn from their mothers to be drugged, chained and posed for photo ops – all now have lifelong refuge and care at this 93-acre site on the edge of the Cleveland National Forest. Rescued from squalid conditions, these animals enjoy expansive habitats with green grass, refreshing ponds, nutritionally-appropriate diets, veterinary care, behavioral enrichment, and clean air, under sunny blue skies.
A team of dedicated volunteers and staff helm this non-profit wildlife sanctuary, feeding and caring for its residents—including regal lions, magnificent tigers, a trio of bobcats, leopards, mountain lions, Black bears, Grizzly bears, Himalayan bears, and more.
In separate areas, domesticated animals such as rescued horses, goats, peacocks and llamas roam. The sanctuary rescued each of these creatures from lives of in-captivity abuse and neglect. And yet the caretakers don't stop at caring for their furry charges—Lions Tigers & Bears also works to rescue other animals from the exotic animal trade, and to advocate for animal welfare and better legislation. An array of seasonal events, such as interactive festivals, are also designed to benefit rescued animals. See what upcoming events Lions Tigers & Bears is hosting next.
Lions Tigers & Bears is a federally and state licensed 501(c)(3) nonprofit rescue facility dedicated to providing a safe haven to abused and abandoned exotic animals while inspiring an educational forum to end the exotic animal trade. Lions Tigers & Bears is a no kill, no breed and no sell facility that allows the animals in its care the opportunity to live out their lives with dignity in a caring and safe environment. Lions Tigers & Bears is one of the few sanctuaries in the United States with the highest level of accreditation from the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries and the American Sanctuary Association.