$250 for a From the Heart Membership, which inlcudes a behind-the-scenes visit for two, to Lions Tigers & Bears in Alpine (a $500 value).
- State- and federal-licensed “no kill, no breed, no sell” exotic cat sanctuary, providing wild cats and other animals with rescue and a safe environment, exercise, and personal attention
- Located just east of Alpine in the Cleveland National Forest, the 93-acre expanse is home to 17 species and more than 50 animals, including black bears, four Bengal tigers, three African lions, and three bobcats
- From the Heart Membership ($500) includes unlimited visiting opportunities (Wednesdays-Saturdays, 9 a.m.-11 a.m.) for one year, subscription to the e-newsletter, a cat sponsorship certificate, and an 8x10’’ photo of your sponsored cat
- This Groupon also includes an exclusive behind-the-scenes visit at the sanctuary
- Onsite picnic area, barn, and animal medical center (available to members by appointment only)
- Valid toward membership renewals
Lions Tigers & Bears
Located on the site of a historical adobe stagecoach station, Lions Tigers & Bears brings visitors face-to-face with 19 species of animals at its no-kill rescue sanctuary. A team of dedicated volunteers and staff helm this non-profit wildlife sanctuary, feeding and caring for its residents—a motley crew that includes regal African lions, Bengal tigers, a trio of bobcats, a leopard, a mountain lion, several bears, a mini horse, and mini donkey.
In separate areas, domesticated animals such as horses, goats, and llamas roam. The sanctuary rescued each of these creatures from lives of in-captivity abuse and neglect. And yet the caretakers don't stop at caring for their furry charges—they also work to ensure other animals won't endure similar experiences. An array of seasonal events, such as interactive festivals, are also designed to benefit the big cats and bears. See what upcoming events Lions Tigers & Bears is hosting next.