All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
The traditional method for preparing sushi requires slices of raw fish to be held over unlit fires in order to secure that signature uncooked flavor. Taste the real meal with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for $40 worth of Japanese fare and drinks Sunday–Thursday
- $20 for $40 worth of Japanese fare and drinks Friday–Saturday<p>
At all three locations, Live Sushi patrons select from a menu of sushi rolls such as the crunchy california ($8.95) and entrees that include ankimo ($9.95), steamed monk-fish liver with a drizzle of ponzu sauce. Diners can follow each bite with sips from a drink menu that includes two sake flights ($12).<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 15, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Reservation required. Subject to availability. Not valid for specials. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Live Sushi Bar
Live Sushi Bar and Live Sushi Bistro blend tradition with innovation in the rice-wrapped fish arts at both welcoming restaurants. Both distinct locations share lunch, dinner, and drink menus, as well as experienced staff and sushi chefs who demonstrate their skills at a sushi bar outfitted with seats for dining spectators.
A Sampling of Sushi
- Bergschneider Roll: barbecued eel and creamy avocado topped with salmon
- Live Uni Hand Roll: sea urchin, shiso, and salmon roe with a quail egg
- Live Scallop: served raw on a pillow of rice or tempura-fried with onions
Some Not-Sushi Options
- Nabeyaki Ramen: savory broth brimming with tender noodles, shrimp tempura, grilled chicken, squid, and egg
- Short Rib Teriyaki: grilled, marinated bone-in beef
- Ankimo: steamed monkfish liver with an aromatic combination of ginger, onion, and tangy ponzu sauce
- More than 25 sakes, including everything from delicate daiginjo to accessible nigori
- Themed flights of three complementary sakes also offered
- Three Japanese beers—Sapporo, Asahi Dry, and Kirin—wash down big meals