The Living Planet Aquarium


Give as a Gift
Limited quantity available
Over 290 bought

In a Nutshell

Patrons tiptoe into Gentoo penguins' aquarium habitat with employee guide during 45-minute educational experience

The Fine Print

Promotional value expires Apr 1, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Subject to availability. Must be 16 or older or accompanied by guardian. Not valid toward aquarium admission. Reservations required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

Oceans make up 70% of Earth's surface, with the remaining 30% divided between boating megastores and parking lots for boating megastores. Get to know the planet's majority stockholder with today's Groupon: for $12, you get an interactive penguin encounter at The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy (up to a $25 value). Admission to the aquarium is not included with today's Groupon.

The Living Planet Aquarium hosts an extended-phylum reunion of 1,250 animals spanning 267 species, including a gregarious pack of Gentoo penguins hailing from the Falkland Islands. Patrons infiltrate the ranks of tuxedo-clad critters during the 45-minute penguin encounter, beginning with a 15-minute educational presentation about the winged waddlers and their emotional journey to accepting a flightless life. Don personal parkas or provided jackets and close-toed shoes to protect piggies before tiptoeing behind aquarium barriers into a habitat chilled to roughly 38 degrees. Staffers guide shutterbugs as they snap pictures of feathered creatures, and though guests can't touch the penguins, they can sometimes get close enough to share frame space in photographs. During their snowy sojourn, visitors must stick to penguin-encounter protocol which protects penguins from strollers, stomping feet, and polar bears wearing bowler hats to pass as human.

Customer Reviews

Great experience!
Lisbeth L. · December 25, 2011
We love the aquarium! It is so educational! Our 4 year old daughter can have so many experiences that she would otherwise not have had living in Utah!
Camille P. · December 18, 2011
Keep growing.
Travis R. · December 4, 2011

By purchasing this deal you'll unlock points which can be spent on discounts and rewards. Every 5,000 points can be redeemed for $5 Off your next purchase.