The only way to feel completely justified for eating a fourth round of gravy-infused pumpkin pie is exercising it out through your pores. For $27, today’s Groupon gets you a 30-day membership (normally $55) including enrollment fee (normally $150) at Lloyd Athletic Club. Easier than digesting a Thanksgiving smorgasbord is math. This math boils down to about a dollar a day.
Whatever method of sweating you prefer, Lloyd Athletic Club can accommodate you with handsome facilities and top-of-the-line equipment. There are events scheduled throughout the day, from 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and personal training sessions. Lloyd offers yoga, Pilates, line dancing, and cardioboxing to get your heart pumping blood to all your limbs. With access to swimming lanes, racquet-wielding sports, basketball, and personal trainers (at an extra cost), the LAC can help you work out to produce results.
The holidays are a time that encourages slothiness and hibernative tendencies, so take the opportunity to combat the effects of the great indoors. The benefits toward your physical health and mental clarity are as clear as the benefits of pudding pie and mashed potatoes a la mode to your taste buds. With towel service, full locker rooms, a sauna, a steam room, and therapy pools to tempt, combine seasonal cheer with athletic logic as you claim your body as your own fit facility capable of gastronomic feats and exercise.
Note: With your Groupon, you do not get member discounts at partner companies. You have the option to continue your membership at the end of the month for a minimum of $44 a month, at which point you will have full membership benefits, including a partnership with Zama Massage, Foot Traffic, and Five Star Cleaners.
- I started working out at this club this summer and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a well-run, no frills gym. There is plenty of equipment and the location is great. – RLF27, Citysearch
- I've been a member at Lloyd for just over two years now. I've been very happy with the facility and the new remodel has made the space even larger and more user-friendly. – talus2, Citysearch
- The community feel is nice--diverse in age and other ways – Willow W., Yelp
When Black Friday Comes
Known as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year and the sun’s annual day of rest. Here are some surefire shopping tips to help you survive the sunless mall-maelstrom unscathed:
- To increase visibility, reach for overstock shelves, and intimidate other shoppers, employ your finest pair of running stilts.
- Most malls have two or three “secret” stores hidden behind the food court; try muscling your way through by feigning a baked-potato emergency.
- If your curious children discover that you’ve purchased them a coveted copy of the 1995 Rembrandts album LP, punish their inquisitiveness by mounting it on the wall of your study.
- Online shopping has never been more convenient thanks to websites such as Nopuorg.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.