Every local community has a story, a history, and a unique personality that cannot be replicated. This is often thanks to specialized, small-scale businesses, like this one, which contribute to a neighborhood’s distinctive character and promote a thriving ecosystem in their community. Small, independent businesses offer diverse products and services, fostering economic resilience by removing the local economy’s dependence on a single industry. When you buy local, you build local, and deepen your connection to your own community.
As a result, patronizing a local business like this is an act of community building. Check out their website to learn more about the local experience you can discover today.
Did You Know?
- 48 cents of every dollar spent at a locally owned retail business goes back into the local community. That’s more than three times the amount that local economies recover from chain retailers — Civic Economics’ 2012 survey of local businesses
- Local businesses have generated 65% of the country’s net new jobs over the past 17 years — US Small Business Administration
Los Amigos Golf Course
Los Amigos Golf Course doesn't waste any time challenging players: the very first hole is also the longest hole, clocking in at a whopping 516 yards. Designed by revered architect Bill Bell, the course tests golfers with beautiful yet hazardous tree-lined greens and a pair of shimmering lakes. So players can conquer the course's hurdles without having to parachute balls from a well-placed helicopter, Los Amigos offers plenty of instructional opportunities, including lessons for groups and entire families. The facility also boasts an expansive practice area, complete with large putting greens, chipping zones, and a night-lit driving range with both mat and grass tees.
The course and its facilities can also be rented out for weddings, quinceañeras, business meetings, and other events. And like its name, several employees at Los Amigos Golf Course are bilingual.
Course at a Glance
- 18-hole, par 71 course
- Total distance of 6,156 yards
- Course rating of 68 from the back tees
- Course slope of 114 from the back tees
- Three tees per hole
- See the scorecard