What You'll Get
The government designated the first arboretums to protect natural wonders, which were threatened by Teddy Roosevelt’s insatiable appetite for peppered bark. Experience earth’s gorgeously guarded barkscape with this Groupon.
Choose from Two Options
$40 for a one-year family or grandparent membership for two adults and their children under age 18 (a $75 value)
- Free admission to the Arboretum
- Free admission to more than 270 gardens in the United States and Canada
- New-member orientation tour
- Invitation to members-only events
- One-year subscription to the Arboretum members’ magazine and calendar
- Special late and summer hours for picnic area after entry, and 8 a.m. entry for walking or running
- Loaning privileges of botanical books at the library
- Discounts on events including classes, workshops, and family programs
- 20% off subscription to Pacific Horticulture
- 10% off at garden and gift shops
- Discounts of 10% or more at several nurseries
- 10% discount on tickets to the Pasadena POPS summer concert series at the Arboretum
$75 for a one-year Garden Sustainer membership for two adults and their children under age 18, which includes all of the above, admission for two guests if accompanied by a member cardholder, and two waived portrait photography fees (a $150 value)
About Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden
Nestled in the historic Rancho Santa Anita—a homestead originally inhabited by the Gabrieleno Tongva tribe—Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden houses wildlife and plants from all over the globe on 127 acres. Its creators opened the Arboretum in 1947 to promote environmental awareness in a sanctuary that reflects the distinct history, flora, and culture of southern California. The grounds reflect the founders' aim—hummingbirds flutter among the colorful blooms in the Grace Kallam Perennial Garden, and wildflowers, herbs, and veggies spring to life at the hands of community volunteers in the educational Garden for All Seasons. Tropical and temperate blossoms embellish the Meyberg waterfall's sun-drenched stone face and blue-gum trees stand guard in front of the Queen Anne cottage, one of several historic sites that was constructed in 1885 to encapsulate Victorian opulence. Peacocks and great egrets strut among living plant collections, which explode into flowery canopies whenever the right garden sprites are available to aid in pollination.
Members often gain exclusive access to the Arboretum's slate of events, which includes workshops, tours, Yoga in the Garden, and live music performances in the summer months. Summer camps reawaken brains that usually hibernate until September, and Bookworms Story Time captures attention year-round. Fall events include Escape From Black Friday held in November.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 25, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. FIRST TIME MEMBERS ONLY, NOT VALID FOR RENEWALS, REJOINS OR CURRENT MEMBERS, can't be combined with any other offers or vouchers. Must activate year membership by expiration date. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.