What You'll Get
Since it's nearly impossible to convince a minor league hockey team to play on your backyard rink, today's Groupon gets you the next best thing. For $10, you get a ticket to the Lowell Devils opening game on Saturday, October 10, at 7 p.m. against the Worchester Sharks (normally $19). It's a great way to take the family to a professional hockey game—featuring potential future NHL stars—for less than it costs to see the big boys. Buy multiple tickets and bring your kids, your kids' friends, and other kids who have no knowledge of your kids to catch the thrills of opening-day minor-league hockey.
The Lowell Devils, an affiliate of the NHL's New Jersey Devils, plays at Tsongas Arena located in scenic Merrimack Valley, a short drive from downtown Boston. The mid-sized arena offers great views for witnessing the beautiful combination of men, ice, steel blades, sticks, and vulcanized rubber discs. Watch hungry-hopefuls battle for a spot on an NHL team to a soundtrack of deafening crowd shouts reverberating off the ice. Be one of the first 5,000 through the door and receive a pair of bang sticks to help cheer on the Devils.
Yelpers enjoy catching a game at the Tsongas Arena, giving the venue three stars:
- We had tickets already so we really didn't have to wait in any kind of line...The place was clean and bright and there are a bunch of usual yummy snacks and beer vendors. – Valerie G.
- Great place for hockey, every seat's close to the ice and you can see all the action from the concourse...Plus the Devils are one of the best managed organisations [sic] in the NHL, so you're always going to see some decent talent on the ice. – Janssen M.
- I do like the balcony walk on top with the concession stands and bathrooms there so you can quickly look over to see down to the stage/rink. – Stormoak L.
Alternate Uses for Bang Sticks
The first 5,000 fans at the Devils’ opening game receive a free pair of bang sticks, loud sticks that can be banged together to make a loud, banging noise. But don’t throw those bang sticks away after the game; instead, keep them for these alternate uses:
- Hail a cab with vigorous stick-banging.
- Wake up your roommates to alert them to the presence of charming cat burglars.
- Support your boss in office meetings by banging your sticks at his every suggestion.
- Easily win money by using the classic bar bet “Betch’a I Don’t Have Bang Sticks in the Trunk of My Mercury Sable.”
- Increase the success-chances of your marriage proposal by preceding it with annoying stick banging, then ask, “Would you like me to stop all the stick-banging and marry me?”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 11, 2009. Amount paid never expires. No purchase limit. Valid only for opening game against the Worcester Sharks (10/10/09). Ticket should be redeemed at Will Call. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.