Choose from Three Options
- $29 for wine tasting for two with a take-home bottle of wine up a $20 value ($40 value)
- $55 for wine tasting for four with two take-home bottles of wine, each up a $20 value ($80 value)
- $69 for a winery tour for up to six people ($120 value)
Lucky Dogg Winery
For Brent Melville and Mead Whippo, there's no mystery to making great wines: grow exemplary grapes and get out of their way. The two winemaking minds behind Lucky Dogg Winery found their overachieving fruit at Verna's Vineyard in nearby Cat's Canyon. With each harvest, they never over-think or mettle with their wines, aging each small batch in neutral oak or stainless steel barrels which don't interfere with their natural qualities. The result? Delicious, full-bodied wines as complex as they are versatile. Read on to learn more about their most popular vintages:
- 2013 Honey Badger Late Harvest Viognier: Much like its namesake, this bold wine doesn't care what anyone thinks. Its bold notes of butterscotch and honeysuckle give way to a flavor that pairs with everything from aged cheddar to kettle corn.
- 2013 Pinot Noir: Indebted to the standards and traditions of Old-World wines, this complex pinot noir rewards diligent tastings with hints of tobacco and fruit before a pleasantly acidic tail.
- 2014 Risque Chardonnay: Tailor-made for first-time tasters, this stainless-steel-aged wine is crisp and bright, with notes of tropical fruits ranging from guava to pineapple.