Choose from Three Options
$15 for $30 worth of Italian dinner cuisine for two
$12 for $20 worth of Italian lunch or brunch cuisine
$25 for a Lugano Take Out Pack ($35 value)
The Take Out Pack, which serves 4–5 people, includes:
Located just 50 miles from Milan, southern Switzerland’s Lugano is the largest Italian-speaking city outside of Italy. This mesh of Swiss and Italian cultures was the inspiration for Lugano Ristorante. Owner Tom Havrish (of Swiss descent) serves casual, Italian-inspired fare complemented by an extensive wine list. Read on to learn about a few of the most notable offerings:
- Appetizer: Start with lightly breaded and fried calamari fritti served with fresh marinara sauce and Italian-style salsa.
- Soup: A dash of sherry wine is added to Italian-style tomato soup before chefs dust the dish with homemade parmesan croutons.
- Pasta: Ziti, succulent chicken and shrimp, caramelized onions, and Italian-cured bacon are baked in a rich lobster-cream sauce, then finished with a blend of Italian cheeses.
- Entree: Lugano offers an Italian spin on traditional shrimp and grits, sautéing shrimp, italian sausage, spicy capicola, and spinach in red wine, then placing it atop a bed of parmesan-basil polenta.
- Dessert: The torta cioccolata is composed of warm chocolate cake smothered in chocolate-walnut icing with vanilla ice cream.
- Cocktail: For a sweet libation, try the limoncello, featuring the namesake lemon liqueur blended with Bacardi Limon and Tuaca in a sugar-rimmed glass garnished with a lemon twist.