All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed July 15, 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013
Reviewed February 16, 2015
What You'll Get
Sharing a meal builds camaraderie, much like doing a trust fall with every passenger before evacuating a sinking ship. Bolster friendships with this Groupon.
$20 for $40 Worth of Mediterranean Cuisine
The menu includes small plates such as fried blue-cheese olives with horseradish tahini ($7) and stuffed clams ($10) as well as large plates such as mussels in a green-harissa broth ($14) and lamb shank braised in barolo wine ($25).
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table; 2 per table of 5 or more. Reservation required; subject to availability. Dine-in only. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Not valid on holidays. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Although its eclectic selection of seasonal dishes features countless ingredients, Lura's design hinges on only two things: wood and rocks. Exposed-brick and stone walls accented by latticework surround wooden tables and thick timber columns while the heat from a gas fireplace wafts through the space. Patrons gather in this rustic setting to share Mediterranean-style tapas and indulge in hearty entrees.
Key Ingredients and Where to Find Them
- Harissa: Orders of mussels can arrive in a spicy broth tinged with this hot-chili paste.
- Parmigiano Reggiano: Creamy risotto becomes even more decadent with the addition of one of Italy's most iconic cheeses.
- Truffle: The chicken schnitzel's mashed potatoes benefit from the earthy, savory flavor of truffles.
- Tzatziki sauce: No rack of lamb leaves the kitchen without its side of refreshing, yogurt-based sauce.
- Carbon atoms: Almost every menu item has carbon in it somewhere.
Feasts for the Eyes and Ears
Within the cozy confines of its dining room, Lura provides patrons with plenty of opportunities to treat more than just their taste buds. In addition to displaying works by visual artists, the eatery also hosts live shows throughout the week. DJs and jazz bands entertain crowds on select evenings, and burlesque dancers perform every Tuesday and Saturday night.