What You'll Get
Masks are only appropriate for trick-or-treaters, bank robbers, and secret government members. Dismiss your disguise with today’s Groupon: $45 for a 75-minute facial and wax package at Luster Spa Wax and Skin Studio (a $90 value).
Aesthetician Sara Berens opened the skin-boosting biz after 13 years in the beauty and fashion industries. During the initial consultation, she’ll examine your complexion to determine a treatment plan suited to your skin’s needs. Using locally developed Halina-Andre products, she’ll perform a series of pore-thanking procedures (exfoliation, microderm scrubs, masques, and herbal oil–enhanced steams) for glowing results, whether you're acne-prone or skin-dehydrated. Post facial, a hydrating eye treatment (lymphatic drainage removal, cold eye mask) will soothe your parched peepers, reducing dark circles and puffiness. You’ll also receive a brow shaping with wax, if needed.
Even if you follow a rigorous skin-care routine, you likely lack the tools necessary to really probe into your pores and de-clog them from all the makeup, dirt, and English toffee trapped inside. Facial rejuvenation works wonders and can help reduce wrinkles, firm up skin, and get rid of bothersome blackheads. Experts advise getting one every four to six weeks due to skin regeneration, or seasonally due to the seasons changing.
User reviews for Luster Spa are limited, but two Adbirders rave about the dramatic results:
- I just love Sara for facials and waxing. I've been working with Sara for quite awhile and love the professional service and fabulous results. A wonderful experience every time I visit. – beautyforme
- Her European facial makes me feel wonderful and I'm always happy with the results...I recommend Lusterspa 100%. – lovinlife
Can You Trust Your Lymphatic System?
After your facial at Luster, you’ll receive a hydrating eye treatment that drains your lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is often called the most mysterious of all the body’s systems. Here’s what makes it so mysterious:
- They say everyone has one, but have you ever seen a lymphatic system?
- The lymphatic system produces lymph? Sounds fishy.
- The lymphatic system was “discovered” in the fifth century. What took so long?
- How is it possible that you’re so familiar with the plot of City Slickers 2: The Legend of Curly’s Gold despite never seeing the film? Blame the lymphatic system.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 23, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for facial and wax package. Gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Luster Spa Wax & Skin Studio
Sara Berens, Luster Spa's owner and lead aesthetician, distills 13 years of professional experience into each treatment, performing efficacious facials and hair-removal services. Located inside Salon Republic, Luster Spa uses warm wax to clear skin areas of unwanted hair, leaving room for the studio's Swarovski crystal body tattoos or hand-penned grocery lists. A collection of facials treats specific concerns including those of acne-prone, dehydrated, and aging skin.