Melt tension from your muscles like Laffy Taffy in your pockets with today's Groupon to Lux Spa & Fitness. For $45, you get a luxurious Aveda Custom Facial with eye-zone treatment or an Arnica and Rosemary Massage, up to a $105 value. Located in the gorgeous, European-style Omni Hotel at Independence Park, Lux is an Aveda concept spa bursting with Aveda's characteristically relaxing bouquet of herbal, floral, and plantular essences.
Arrive early to take an indulgent retreat by the pool, in the pool, or in the decidedly not-scary-but-still-adventurous whirlpool. Give your body a rest from winter in the hot sauna, and make full use of the lockers, robes, and slippers provided to fully unwind and prepare yourself for the magic to come. If you choose the Aveda Custom Facial, you'll get an indulgent facial massage and masque customized to your skin type and individual needs. Your friendly and knowledgeable aesthetician will cleanse and hydrate your skin while invigorating your senses with delightful aromas throughout your 50-minute treatment. In addition to the facial, you'll get an eye-zone treatment to reduce puffiness and fine lines around your peepers with gentle massage and cooling plant- and flower-based formulas (a $105 value).
The Arnica and Rosemary Muscle Melt is a decadent 50-minute massage that will relax even the toughest muscles. Rosemary essential oil helps to warm and stimulate your aching muscles, and arnica reduces soreness, swelling, and bruising, so that your expert massage therapist can knead your muscles into a contented loaf of bread, except more flexible and less crumby (a $100 value).
Give your stressed-out sis a holiday present she doesn't need to return or stuff away under the bed. Take your tired mama for a girls' day at the spa to give her some needed relaxation and precious bonding time with you. Spa treatments are perfect for hard-to-buy-for friends, and experiences make thoughtful gifts that don't take that much thought.
- Everyone was so kind and polite and our services were perfect. They did not try to sell us products after our facials but happily answered questions. We enjoyed the pool and the Jacuzzi. It was the perfect day of relaxation and will now become an annual event! – Patricia S.
- Service was great, one of the best massages I have ever had. The staff was very friendly and a nice environment. – Jamie P.
- Unbelievable skin care services. Beautiful location with very relaxing environment. – Anonymous
When Black Friday Comes
Known as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year and the sun’s annual day of rest. Here are some surefire shopping tips to help you survive the sunless mall-maelstrom unscathed:
- To increase visibility, reach for overstock shelves, and intimidate other shoppers, employ your finest pair of running stilts.
- Most malls have two or three “secret” stores hidden behind the food court; try muscling your way through by feigning a baked-potato emergency.
- If your curious children discover that you’ve purchased them a coveted copy of the 1995 Rembrandts album LP, punish their inquisitiveness by mounting it on the wall of your study.
- Online shopping has never been more convenient thanks to websites such as Nopuorg.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Balance Spa and Fitness
Whatever spa treatment you're in the mood for—a facial, a hot-stone massage, a body wrap, a waxing, a mani-pedi—it's advisable to budget an entire afternoon for Balance Spa and Fitness. Since the spa offers complimentary access to its lavish amenities, the extra time can be spent simmering in the jacuzzi, taking a leisurely dip in the pristine indoor lap pool, or working up a sweat in the fitness center. When treatment time arrives, the staff leads its robe-clad clients to one of the four private treatment rooms. The specialists favor advanced Naturopathica products made from age-defying ingredients such as soothing aloe, refreshing lavender, and Helen Mirren's DNA.