What You'll Get
What You Get
- $69 for an upscale Latin-inspired dinner for two (up to $94 total value)
- $125 for an upscale Latin-inspired dinner for four (up to $188 total value)
Each pair receives
- One ceviche or tapa (up to $16 value)
- Two entrees (up to $60 value)
- Two cocktails (up to $18 value)
See the menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must schedule reservation on http://www.groupon.com. Offer valid only at scheduled reservation time. No refunds if you do not show up for your reservation. Cancellations permitted up to 60 minutes prior to your reservation. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Must be 21+ with valid ID to consume alcohol. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About LV Mar
At LV Mar, chef Manuel Martinez—known for his work at hot spots such as One Market and La Viga—expertly marries Latin flavors with French culinary techniques. The flavors of juicy scallops and tender grassfed steaks shine thanks to creative ingredient pairings, and vegetarian dishes such as serrano-chile heirloom-tomato salad burst with flavor.
Tradition Meets Invention
Chef Martinez is known for his ability to take familiar dishes to the next level with his creative twists. Below, a few highlights from the menu at LV Mar.
|Latin-Inspired Duck Confit||Sophisticated Ceviche||A Steakhouse Dinner, Reimagined|
|Duck-leg confit and manchego cheese make a classic French pairing, but Martinez adds a creative kick with Latin-inspired elements such as masa pelliscadas.||Fresh orange juice gives the octopus-scallop-halibut ceviche a milder flavor profile than that of the more ubiquitous lime-cured version.||A malbec-reduction sauce deepens the taste of the grassfed rib-eye steak, and accompaniments of chorizo and confit fennel add interest.|
In the Press
- The San Francisco Examiner: "Not surprisingly with Martinez’s reputation as a master of seafood, LV Mar’s menu features an aquatic theme."
- San Jose Mercury News: "The execution and cooking of main courses was spot on; meats were tender, fish moist and all were well-seasoned."
- Dishcrawl: "The [seared Maine day boat] scallops are cooked to perfection, juicy and tender, easily cut with a fork. . . each ingredient offering its unique note to this symphony of flavor."