What You'll Get
Choose from eight performances offered by the Lyric Chamber Music Society of New York for the 2009-2010 season
- Buy here for the Principal Players Series on 11/11/09 at 7:30 pm.
- Buy here for Exciting Virtuosos Play Chamber Jazz on 12/9/09 at 7:30 pm.
- Buy here for Chamzz: Schumann and All That Jazz on 2/3/10 at 7:30 pm.
- Buy here for the Principal Players Series on 3/9/10 at 7:30 pm.
- Buy here for Chamzz: Chopin, Schumann, and Beyond on 3/24/10 at 7:30 pm.
- Buy here for Exciting Young Virtuosos on 4/21/10 at 7:30 pm.
- Buy here for Mendelssohn on 5/12/10 at 7:30 pm.
- Buy here for Chamzz: Classics for the 21st Century on 6/9/10 at 7:30 pm.
Jump to: Reviews
Today’s side deal lets you enrich your ears with the sounds of chamber music from the Lyric Chamber Music Society of New York, performing at the Kosciuszko Foundation on East 65th Street. For $30, you’ll get access to one of the Lyric’s eight annual up-close-and-personal performances, which range from traditional chamber music to contemporary jazz ($65 value). Whatever the genre, you can expect a night of exquisite masterpieces by virtuosic artists and composers. Choose from any, or all, of the following performances, and use the links above to get Groupons for individual concerts:
- Principal Players Series on November 11 at 7:30 pm.
- Chamzz: Exciting Virtuosos Play Chamber Jazz on December 9 at 7:30 pm.
- Chamzz: Schumann and All That Jazz on February 3 at 7:30 pm.
- Principal Players Series on March 9 at 7:30 pm.
- Chamzz: Chopin, Schumann, and beyond on March 24 at 7:30 pm.
- Exciting Young Virtuosos on April 21 at 7:30 pm.
- Mendelssohn on May 12 at 7:30 pm.
- Chamzz: Classics for the 21st Century on June 9 at 7:30 pm.
Since 1998, the Lyric has been bringing top performers to audiences in an intimate salon environment. This unique setting creates an almost interactive listening experience. However, patrons are highly discouraged from bringing their own instruments and playing along. The New York Times says of the venue, “The gallery is exactly the type of intimate space for which chamber music was intended.” Pristine acoustics allow floating notes to dance across your eardrums, inciting anvils and hammers to coax your eardrums into sonic hypnosis.
To get a sense of what the music will be like, listen to a sample clip.
The Lyric has been reviewed and featured in the New York Times more than once, as well as articles in the New Yorker and many other prestigious publications.
> * Even the genial Saint-Saëns Sonata for Clarinet and Piano, which
opened the program, sounded like a significant work in that setting.
Being so close to the excellent clarinetist Vadim Lando and the pianist Richard Bishop made a big difference in the impact of the music, especially Mr. Lando’s subdued pianissimo playing. – Anthony Tommasini, New York Times
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 9, 2010. Amount paid never expires. No purchase limit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.