All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Unlike treehouses or minimum-security prisons, hotels freely welcome guests without strict prerequisites. Revel in a relaxing home-away-from-home with today's Groupon. for a stay for two at MacArthur Place. Choose from the following options:
- For $249, you get a one-night stay in a deluxe king suite on a Saturday (a $525 value).
- For $225, you get a one-night stay in a deluxe king suite Sunday through Friday (a $475 value).
- For $199, you get a one-night stay in a standard queen guestroom on a Saturday (a $399 value).
- For $175, you get a one-night stay in a standard queen guestroom Sunday through Friday (a $349 value).
All options include two coupons for $20 off at The Garden Spa and one free appetizer at Saddles Steakhouse if you order an entree.
MacArthur Place's 64 well-furnished rooms are nestled on an opulent nineteenth-century estate, some surrounded by serene porches, lush gardens, and original sculptures in Sonoma wine country. Guests get to sample wine and cheese each evening before sliding into beds bedecked with down comforters and will awake to a complimentary continental breakfast buffet. Other amenities include WiFi, a heated swimming pool, and twice-daily maid service. King suites are also outfitted with hydrotherapy tubs, flat-screen TVs equipped with surround sound, and original art on the walls, including a lifelike self-portrait that seems to mimic your every move. Relax after a carefree day of bicycling between sun-dappled wineries with a 50-minute massage, facial, or body treatment (most of them are $118), such as the chardonnay sugar scrub, which sloughs away scruffy skin and lingering inhibitions. A free appetizer with the purchase of an entree at the on-site eatery Saddles Steakhouse will keep you nourished for a long, torrid night of scrapbooking. Purchase up to three Groupons for a weekend romantic getaway from a hook-handed pursuer.
USA Today recommends MacArthur Place and nearly 200 TripAdvisors give it an average of 4.5 owl eyes. Yelpers and Yahoo! Locals give it a 4.5-star average and Booking.com reviews give it an 8.8 out of 10:
- Located in the heart of the Sonoma Valley wine country, the MacArthur Place Hotel and Spa is a graceful 64-room hotel and spa set among a seven-acre garden. – Thomas K. Arnold, Travel Tips, USA Today
- Our room was clean, spacious, comfortable and cozy. The grounds were beautiful and serene, with a variety of little paths to take you where you need to go. – MassimosMom, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 24, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Reservation required and cannot be canceled, changed or refunded. Subject to availability. Not valid for Premium, Cottage, Cabana & Garden Spa Suites. Not valid 12/28-1/1, 1/15-16, 1/19-20, 2/12-13, 2/19-20. Tax not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.