The best children’s shows place a high premium on audience interaction, unlike classical concerts or traffic court. Rustle up some kid-friendly fun with today’s Groupon: for $150, you get an interactive birthday-party package from Mad Science of St. Louis (a $305.05 total value). The birthday-party package includes the following:
- Basic birthday party at your home for up to 25 guests ages 3–12 (a $195 value). Additional travel fees may apply for homes outside of St. Louis city and county.
- 25 Mad Science invitations (a $24.95 value) and shipping (a $5 value)
- 25 Mad Science color stickers (a $6.25 value)
- One large Mad Science poster (a $3.95 value)
- Two party upgrades (a $69.90 value)<p>
Mad Science of St. Louis enraptures and enlightens kids during interactive 45- to 60-minute birthday parties starring theatrical, friendly staffers who helm hands-on science experiments. Parent-selected basic themes dictate bash agendas, from the Air Blast party’s exploration of color and electricity to the It’s Not Magic soiree’s look under Houdini’s top hat and inside his refrigerator.
Party upgrades breed awestricken stares as rockets propelled by authentic rocket fuel blast off or hair jolts into an upright position on contact with a Van de Graaff static-electricity machine. Depending on themes, guests bounce home with scientific souvenirs such as slippery slime, superbouncy balls, or Mad Science putty perfectly calibrated to adhere kids to their list of chores.