|_Jump to: Wax Figure Updates||Patron Testimonials||Wax-Figure Testimonials_|
With today’s Groupon, $10 gets you a ticket to Madame Tussauds, the world-renowned, interactive wax-figure museum. That’s half off the normal $20 price. For more than 200 years, Madame Tussaud and her museums have delighted the masses with impressively detailed and meticulously maintained wax renditions of celebrities, musicians, political figures, and sports stars.
Madame Tussaud began crafting wax facsimiles at the tender age of 17 while working as a housekeeper for a skilled wax sculptor. During the French Revolution, she furthered her craft by searching through gaggles of corpses for the freshest decapitated heads, which she used to make beautifully detailed death masks. When her sculptor-employer died, Madame Tussaud inherited his vast collection of wax figures and eventually opened a museum. Today, the Madame Tussaud wax-figure experience is fully interactive—you can hug them, high-five them, and comb their hair—so bring a 20-megapixel digital camera and make a poster of yourself dancing with Beyoncé or challenging Johnny Depp to a staring contest.
Being in the company of famous people is an agreeable experience as long as they can’t talk back to you. The experience is even more thrilling with famous politicians. Lucky for you, Tussauds’ DC museum (located at 1025 F St.) has a number of politicos, such as Bill and Hillary Clinton, George Washington, Marion Barry, and newcomer Michelle Obama, who joins Barack in front of a picturesque White House setting. And if you’re thinking about making it a family outing, there are plenty of kid-oriented figures, including Babe Ruth, Will Smith, Tiger Woods, and The Bucket List costar Morgan Freeman.
For a great group excursion that features adorable and non-threatening celebrities—and isn’t a monument or memorial—hop on today’s Groupon!
Wax Figure Updates
If you love wax figures as much as 98% of the population claimed in the 2000 census, you won’t want to miss out on these exciting, limited editions:
- Come before the evening of July 9 to catch a glimpse of pop icon Michael Jackson.
- Miley Cyrus has arrived. She’s sticking around until Labor Day.
Yelpers are enthralled by Madame Tussauds, giving it a four-star average. Check out what they’re saying:
- Love it. My kids loved it. My parents loved it. We’ve been to the one in NYC and Las Vegas…I personally liked this one the best (as I’m a political junkie). – Christian B.
- MTs is a place you can definitely take the kids. It’s lively and it gives most of us the closest brush with fame possible. You can see the work ad [sic] the skill it takes to open these [sic] place is [sic] the fine details they employ. – Rocky L.
- It was not over crowded and it was so much fun. We took over 150 photos. So bring family and friends and have a blast! Go wild. Get creative. – Troy M.
Madame Tussauds Washington, DC is the ultimate fame experience. Here, you will take an immersive journey through American history in the only place you can meet all 44 U.S. Presidents. Then snap your picture with your favorite music stars, historical icons, film legends, and sporting greats. From George Washington to Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus to Zac Efron and Jimmy Fallon, we are home to famous fun for everyone. Who do you want to meet?