Watersports enthusiasts embark on a rafting trip on the whitewater of Maine’s Kennebec River and Dead River
About This Deal
- Rafting enthusiasts embark on an exciting whitewater adventure in New England along the Kennebec River or Dead River.
- What’s included:
- A licensed Maine whitewater river guide
- Safety Equipment: PFD, helmet, and paddle
- After the trip: A Barbecue (with choice of steak, chicken, fish, or veggie burger), slideshow, and video of the day’s excitement
- Transportation from base camp to the river launch, take-out back to base camp
- Age restriction: Must be at least 12 years old for the Dead River trip and at least 10 years old for the Kennebec trip.
- Reservation required in advance.
- Redeemable tentative season start of May 2021
- Wetsuits may be required depending on weather conditions, wetsuit ($20).
State of Maine fee not included: $5.90 per person for the Kennebec tour, $13.40 per person for the Dead River tour.
- The base area has a campground with tent sites and cabin tents, a lodge with king, queen and bunk rooms and can be booked on line through the website.
About A Chat with Magic Falls Rafting Company
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition? Located along the banks of the Dead River, our veteran guides are safety conscious and dedicated to making your trip the most memorable experience of your lifetime.
What is the experience customers can expect? The Dead River is known for its big rapids and this trip is not for the faint of heart. After a thrilling ride down the river, you'll chow down on a BBQ with a choice of steak, chicken, fish, or veggie burger, all the fixings, and homemade dessert.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business? _In 1989, the Neddeaus invested their family savings in a fledgling rafting company with one raft and a two van- eschewing the past lives in the foodservice business. They have never looked back and now have over 40 rafts and carry over 5,000 passengers. _
What do you love most about your job? _Every year looking forward to making new rafting friends and welcoming back old friends who have become part of the Magic Falls Family. _