All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed December 12, 2017
· Reviewed November 22, 2017
· Reviewed October 17, 2017
What You'll Get
In the old days, magic was used to explain everything from medicine to geometry to why princesses wouldn’t like you, even though you rescued them. Experience fantastical modern marvels with today’s Groupon: for $14, you get one ticket to a magic show at Magicopolis, located in Santa Monica (a $27 value). Shows are at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturdays.
The husband-and-wife duo behind Magicopolis, by now seasoned television guests thanks to frequent praising press, delight and surprise audiences with their Broadway-style magicomedy stage show Escape Reality. The 90- to 120-minute spectacle features original takes on classic magic enigmas, demonstrating dangerous escape acts and on-stage levitation, a skill first used during dunks at Salem all-star basketball games. Eye-popping feats are punctuated with engaging music, comedy, and audience participation, including mind-boggling mind-reading demonstrations. Magicopolis is an especially up-close-and-personal affair, and unlike Hollywood films, where the actors are trapped behind an impersonal screen, the Magicopolis magicians make lasting connections with their gaping guests. Great for unawkward first dates that leave the parlor tricks to the pros, a visit to Magicopolis is a singular entertainment outing. Call to make a reservation.
- I was laughing hysterically the whole time. For that reason, it is worth checking out just once. – David C., Yelp, 08/21/2010
- Very clever, wonderfully intriguing. The one thing that stands out in my mind, was the mind reading, it made me really wonder what it might be like to actually read someone’s mind. – emeyeseeaychayeeel, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 10, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person. Reservation required. Valid for regular Friday or Saturday 8PM performance. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.