See the magnificent sight of the Island in a Hughes 500 D model helicopter, the same which was used on the Magnum P.I. TV series
What You'll Get
- Departure time: By appointment
- Departure location: 130 Iolana Place Honolulu
- Weight restriction: 300 lbs. max weight; Passengers over 250 lbs will be subject to a fee
- Subject to weather; Subject to availability
#####Magnum Helicopters’s COVID-19 Precautions
- All tours are temporarily suspended. They will be made available when it becomes possible.
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check Magnum Helicopters’s website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
The Fine Print
About Magnum Helicopters
If you remember one thing from the hit 1980s action series Magnum, P.I., it's Tom Selleck's well-groomed mustache. If you remember a second thing, it's probably the sweet helicopter that Magnum often commandeers for cases around his Hawaiian home base. With its iconic orange, yellow, and brown livery, the show's chopper became one of the iconic TV vehicles of the '80s. At Magnum Helicopters, passengers can recreate the show's picturesque flights on an exact replica of the famed whirlybird.
- The Helicopter: The company's Hughes 500 helicopter may look like the very same vehicle seen on the show, but it's actually even better. Magnum Helicopters' chopper boasts upgrades including a souped-up engine, a T-tail and five-blade main rotor for reduced vibration.
- The Experience: Your 50-minute adventure tour takes you on a sky-high sightseeing trek to some of Oahu's most iconic landmarks. After taking off from Honolulu Harbor, you'll wing your way past everything from Waikiki Beach and Hanauma Bay to the Dole Pineapple Plantation and Pearl Harbor. Along the way, you'll also catch glimpses of filming locations for famous movies and TV series, including Gilligan's Island, Jurassic Park, and, yes, Magnum, P.I. This is more of an adventure ride than a tour, a sensory rush with the wind in your hair. Guests fly in the same helicopter used in the Magnum P.I. television series. The tour route is the same as the Hidden Oahu tour. Every seat has an excellent view. This is the preferred method of flying for serious photographers as you don’t have to shoot through Plexiglas.
- Adventurers Only: Be advised: Magnum Helicopters' tours run with the helicopter in a doors-off configuration so as to ensure thrilling views and obstruction-free photo opportunity.