It’s difficult to hit a target from far away, which is why holes in one are rare and the Goodyear blimp has never been shot successfully with an arrow. Drive hard with a vengeance, thanks to this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $52.50 for an 18-hole round of golf for two with one cart rental (a $105 value)
- $95.99 for an 18-hole round of golf for four with two cart rentals (a $210 value)
Nestled on an oil patch amidst the pump jacks that populate the region’s grain fields and grasslands, Mainprize Golf treats golfers to a links-style course that complements the rest of the park’s recreational activities. Though hilly terrain and high rough may rattle some players, the John F. Robinson design’s large greens, inviting fairways, and four sets of tees help to set minds at ease more efficiently than coating weary shoulders in warm, soothing paraffin wax. In true Scottish fashion, the site features few trees and close proximity to the northwest shoreline of the Rafferty Reservoir. Further complicating play are the numerous bunkers strewn about the course, trapping unlucky players until they’re able to blast their way out.
In addition to golf, Mainprize entertains visitors with three campgrounds and fishing and boating on the Rafferty Reservoir. After a long day on the water or out on the course, Doc’s Grill stands ready to refuel guests with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,958 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 80.1 from the back tees
- Course slope of 136 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole